Best Jalapeno Poppers Easy Recipe 2021
There are a few different types of jalapeño poppers or other names like jalapeño peppers or jalapeño bites. Grilling jalapeño poppers are always a fun way to enjoy them during the summertime. This also adds a smoky flavor to them too.
Breaded jalapeños or deep-fried jalapeños are made with a little more crunchy texture and can be stuffed on the inside of the jalapeño. You can even wrap your jalapeño with bacon.
This is known as bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. This adds more of the bacon flavoring and a saltier jalapeño popper.
In this jalapeño popper recipe, I bake my stuffed jalapeños poppers. I hollow out the jalapeño and stuff them full of a cream cheese and cheese mixture that fits into the jalapeño.
You can add in ground meat or different seasonings and spices to these jalapeño poppers to make them more hearty and flavorful.
Must Read: Best Blueberry Cobbler Easy Recipe 2021
How to Cut a Jalapeno?
You guys, whatever you do, please please please don’t cut these without wearing gloves (and don’t touch your face). The oils in the peppers can cause burns on your hands, I speak from experience, it’s VERY painful.
The spice in jalapeños is found in the seeds and inner membranes. To reduce the heat in this recipe, clean out all of the (light colored) inner membrane and seeds. If you like lots of heat, leave a little bit of membrane.
When I cut the jalapeños for poppers, I cut them lengthwise and try to keep the stem intact on both halves (mainly for appearance).
To cut jalapenos to make jalapeno poppers:
- Put on gloves!!
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out seeds and membranes and discard.
How To Grill Jalapeno Poppers?
You are going to want to make this jalapeno popper recipe year-round and that includes grilling! These homemade jalapeno poppers are very easy to grill:
- Stuff jalapeno poppers according to recipe directions and top with panko.
- Grease grill and heat to medium-high heat.
- Line jalapeno poppers on the grill, cut side up, so they aren’t touching; perpendicular to the grates so they don’t fall through.
- Grill, covered, until the poppers are seared on the bottoms and the filling is hot, about 10 minutes.
Must Read: Best Tater Tot Casserole Easy Recipe 2021
How to Get My Jalapenos to Sit Flat?
Most of the jalapenos halves should sit flat, but occasionally you’ll get a few rebels that lean too much to the side.
You don’t want leaning jalapeno poppers because the filling will slide out once bubbly hot. In order to remedy lopsided jalapenos, simply turn it to the side and slice a thin layer off the bottom so it is level. Now it will lay flay.
How Spicy Are These Baked Jalapeno Poppers?
Jalapenos differ in heat from jalapeno to jalapeno, but most jalapenos are fairly mild once the seeds and membranes are removed. Larger jalapenos are also less spicy than smaller jalapenos which is what we are using in this jalapeno popper recipe.
A general rule is the smaller the pepper, the spicier; that is why bell peppers are mild and habaneros are fiery hot. Roasting the jalapenos also mellows the heat as does the creamy complementary filling.
As far as this jalapeno popper recipe, it has a little heat from the jalapenos, but as long as the peppers are thoroughly cleaned, I would consider them mild to medium heat.
Sometimes you’ll bite into a hotter jalapeno, but as a whole, most of the jalapeno poppers with be purely addicting without making anyone’s eyes water.
- For the mildest jalapeno poppers, remove all the seeds and membrane. I love heat but still opt for this mild jalapeno popper option. They still scream flavor without the burn, which means you can keep eating and eating and eating…
- For spicier jalapeno poppers, leave the ribs inside the pepper, but remove the seeds.
- For hot jalapeno poppers, leave the ribs and add some of the seeds to the cream cheese filling – only recommend if you want your mouth to be on fire!
Must Read: Best Frozen Margarita Recipe 2021
BEST JALAPENO POPPERS EASY RECIPE:
|YEILDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|12 appetizers||0 Hours 15 Minutes||0 Hours 30 Minutes|
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
12 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until evenly blended. Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture. Put halves back together and wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon. Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy, about 15 minutes.
How To Reheat Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- Microwave: You can reheat jalapeno poppers in the microwave in a microwave-safe place for about 20-30 seconds, but the panko won’t be as crunchy but still delectable. This is how I like to enjoy just leftover poppers just a few at a time.
- Oven: For the crunchiest panko, line jalapeno poppers on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes or until heated through.
Can I Freeze Baked Jalapeno Poppers?
No, I don’t recommend freezing jalapeno poppers as the jalapenos become mushy, the filling can separate and the topping will become soggy.
Must Read: Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe 2021
PEOPLE ALSO ASK FOR:
Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Easy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Jalapeño Poppers Frozen
Jalapeño Poppers Cream Cheese
Jalapeño Poppers Recipe Baked
Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño Poppers Air Fryers
Spicy Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Must Read: Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe 2021