Peach Cake Easy Recipe 2021
This peach cake is easy, moist, tender, and will make you want to invite all your friends for tea. It’s awesome to have a quick cake recipe on hand for those days when you don’t have time to make a triple-decker with all the frills.
My cousin’s wife, Alla, shared this peach cake recipe with me awhile back and it got buried in my “recipes to make” folder. If you saw the folder, you might stop judging me right now.
This cake was originally supposed to be a peach plum almond cake but my son doesn’t eat almonds and our plums weren’t ripe yet but we sure had loads of peaches. LOADS. It worked out beautifully.
You can substitute with other fruit like plums or cherries (just don’t use overly juicy berries like strawberries or raspberries; besides it’s best to put those on your fingers and make raspberry puppets; according to my son).
How to store the Peach Cake?
The cake can be stored overnight at room temperature well covered, although anymore time and it should be refrigerated. It will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
The cake can also be frozen, make sure it is completely cooled before tightly wrapping it in plastic, then place the cake in an airtight freezer bag or container. I will last up to 3-4 months in the freezer.
Must Read: Best Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Can you use canned or frozen Peaches?
If using canned peaches be sure to drain them well, let them sit in a strainer for about 15 or 20 minutes before you chop them. Frozen peaches should be chopped but not thawed.
I also decided to add one of my favourite toppings on the cake before baking, I sprinkled it with a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon sugar.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar?
In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 2-3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. The cinnamon sugar can be stored in a mason jar or an airtight container.
It should be kept in a cool dry place, it will last up to two years, it’s still good after two years but it may loose the strength of the cinnamon.
Cinnamon sugar is delicious not only sprinkled on this peach cake before baking but also on warm buttered toast (one of my favorites), pancakes or waffles, or how about on oatmeal or cereal for breakfast?
Must Read: Fried Cabbage Best Recipe
How To Peel Peaches?
When peaches are perfectly ripe, they usually peel very easily. All you need to do is get a sharp paring knife under the skin and start pulling it away from the peach flesh.
But when the peeling isn’t going so smoothly, I rely on the easy blanching method that Mom taught me when I was young:
- Soak: Place peaches in boiling water for 10 to 20 seconds, or until the skin starts to split.
- Cool: With a slotted spoon, remove peaches to an ice water bath to cool them down quickly and stop them from cooking.
- Peel: Use a sharp paring knife to peel away the skin – it should come off very easily. If not, return any stubborn peaches to the boiling water for a few seconds more.
Must Read: Best Fried Ravioli Recipe
BEST PEACH CAKE EASY RECIPE:
|YEILDS:||PREP TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|8 Servings||0 Hours 20 Mins||1 Hours 25 Mins|
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour I used organic un-bleached
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs room temp
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 ripe about 1 lb medium peaches, pitted, peeled* and sliced into cubes (You should have 2 1/4 cups chopped peaches)
Confectioners Sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together 1 1/2 sticks butter with 1 cup sugar on med/high speed until fluffy (4-5 minutes).
- Beat in 3 large eggs, 1 at a time allowing them to incorporate into the batter before adding the next egg then continue mixing another minute on med/high speed. Once the mixture is well blended, beat in 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- Set mixer to low and beat in your flour mixture just until blended.
- Use a spatula to fold in the peaches just until evenly dispersed then transfer batter to your prepared springform pan and bake in the center of the oven at 350˚F for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temp before sprinkling the top with confectioners sugar. Serve with tea. You can leave it at room temperature overnight if you want to serve it the next day. Sprinkle powdered sugar just before serving.
How do you flip a cake upside-down?
Flip it quickly and carefully, being sure to protect your body. Once the cake tests are done, let it stand 10 minutes or as long as the recipe directs. (Larger cakes stand for longer than small ones.) Place a serving plate upside-down over the cake.
Wear oven mitts if you’re able, but the most important thing when flipping the cake is to keep the serving plate firmly aligned over (to catch!) the cake. If you can’t wear mitts, protect yourself with hot pads or kitchen towels. Flip the cake in one smooth, easy movement.
Must Read: Ham Gravy Best Recipe
How long will this cake last?
Sweet upside-down cakes are best served warm, the day they’re made. But you can cool, then cover and refrigerate the leftovers for 2-3 days. Warm a piece up in the microwave to reignite that caramelly magic!
PEOPLE ALSO ASK FOR:
Canned Peach Cake
Summer Peach Cake
French Peach Cake
Sweet Peach Cake
Old Fashioned Peach Cake Recipe
Peach Cakes Italian
Orange Peach Cake
Must Read: Smoked Pork Chops Easy Recipe