English Muffin Pizza Easy Recipe 2021
Fast and VERY kid friendly Recipe… they can make them and all you have to do is bake them! Pizza sauce, cheese, and their choice of topping makes this a great snack or anytime meal!
Are English Muffins Fully Cooked?
Yes, English Muffins are fully cooked. They are meant to be toasted, though. I love them when they are a little crispy! However, you could eat them without toasting them.
What do You Put In an English Muffin?
Ingredients for English Muffins are great to have on hand because they are so versatile and well-liked by all. Of course, there is the classic option of just toasting an English Muffin and spreading some butter on to get in all those nooks and crannies.
Must Read: Best Peanut Brittle Recipe 2021
They are also delicious with some jam or any flavor of a cream cheese spread. English Muffins also make a great breakfast sandwich.
Think Egg Muffin style like at McDonald’s. All of these are great options, but our favorite things to do with English Muffins are to turn it into a pizza! The kids can make it quickly, and everyone loves how they taste.
Are English Muffins Better Than Bagels?
It is a matter of personal preference when it comes to muffins and bagels. However, in our opinion, skipping the bagel and opting for an English Muffin instead has a couple of significant advantages.
One, an English Muffin, has fewer calories than an average bagel, so it is a natural, healthier option. Two, English Muffins are more cost-effective than bagels, and you know here at Easy Budget Recipes we are all about saving money without sacrificing taste!
How to Get the Kids Involved With This Recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them place the English muffins on the baking sheet and sprinkle shredded cheese on each one.
- Ages 4-5: Have them mix the oil and seasonings and spread on each muffin as well as help spoon the sauce on the muffins. They could also place the toppings on the pizzas.
- Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let them try to make it by themselves with your supervision.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Must Read: Best Blueberry Compote Recipe 2021
How Long Is This Good For:
- Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this English Muffin Pizzas out for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before they become too soggy. To reheat, place them in a 300 degrees F oven for 5-10 minutes until they’re warmed through.
- Freeze: You can freeze the pizzas either before or after baking them.
- To Freeze Before Baking: Place the pizzas on a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer until they are frozen solid, about 30-60 minutes. Then, place them in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for 3-6 months. Cook using the instructions in the recipe card. Note that you may need to add five extra minutes to the baking time.
- To Freeze After Baking: Once the pizzas have cooled, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until they are frozen solid, about 3-60 minutes. To reheat, place them in a 300 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes until they’re warmed through.
Must Read: Fried Pickles Easy Recipe 2021
BEST ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZAS RECIPE:
|YEILDS:||PREP TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|6 Servings||0 Hours 06 Mins||0 Hours 20 Mins|
6 English muffins split in half
3 Tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup pizza sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Choice of toppings
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the English muffins on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Use a spoon or pastry brush to brush about ½ Tablespoon of the oil mixture over each English Muffin.
- Sprinkle each English Muffin with a little bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of sauce over each and use the back of the spoon to spread out the sauce.
- Sprinkle each with 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the English muffins are golden.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes and then serve.
Microvawing English Muffin Pizzas
I prefer the taste and texture of these pizzas when prepared in the oven. However in a bind, you can use a toaster and microwave, or just microwave to prepare these mini pizzas.
- If you desire a crisp crust, toast each English Muffin Half in a toaster first.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow cooling slightly before enjoying.
Must Read: Eggnog French Toast Easy Recipe 2021
Is English muffin healthy?
They’re richer in unprocessed fiber, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and vitamins E and B-6, and they may lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. So Thomas’ makes some of its English muffins sound whole-grainier than they are.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK FOR:
English Muffin Pizza Microwave
Thomas English Muffin Pizza
How do you make English Muffin Pizzas Not Soggy
English Muffin Pizza Toppings
English Muffin Pizza No Sauce
English Muffin Pizza Rachael Ray
English Muffin Pizza Calories
English Muffin Pizza Recipe Air Fryer
Must Read: Best Swiss Steak Recipe 2021